0203 011 0654

Lines open 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday

Nationwide EPC for Holiday homes

Nationwide EPC 

The Department of Communities and Local Government published a guidance report back in June 2001 on the necessity of an Energy Performance Certificate for Holiday Homes and lets.

Previously, properties that were let out on a short term basis were not duty-bound to have one, but the new government guidelines are now enforcing this recommendation.

The new guidelines show that any homes that are let out for a combined total of four months or more, in any twelve month period, will have to ensure that they have ordered or purchased an EPC accordingly.

If a building is subject to Building Regulations then it will be required to have an up to date EPC. Therefore, caravans and mobile homes will be exempt.

How do I purchase one?

You can book an inspection of your property with a Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) who will ask for your details and questions regarding your property. Once the DEA has the relevant information, these details are entered into a software package which calculates how energy efficient your building is. Thus, an EPC will be issued to you that is valid for 10 years.

EPCs are calculated by using a rating system from A to G (‘A’ being for the most energy efficient homes). Currently, the houses that have been assessed, average a ‘D’ rating.

Surveys vary in price and are dependent on the size of your property and the area where you live.

What if I don't have an EPC?

There is a penalty fine that you could face up to £200 per day. Therefore, it is vitally important that you make sure you have yours in place. So go ahead an order your EPC today with our nationwide network of Domestic Energy Assessors to comply with the Government's recommendations.

Verified Service Provided

All of our property professionals are members of the relevant trade accreditation scheme.